Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oogey Boogey



Dad and Eliza

Me, trying to guess who's on my back

Ryan. Cute.


Eliza eating a deviled egg. I'm not sure how much actually made it to her mouth though.

On Sunday, the fam had a Halloween dinner/party. It was a lot of fun thanks to Brooke and Natalie (who planned the whole event). First we played "who am I?", a fun game where you have to guess what villian (since it was a halloween pary, it had to be a villian) was pinned to your back by asking yes or no questions. It doesn't sound like it would be very hard but I had Lord Voldemort and it took me almost an hour of guessing. Next we ate deviled egg eyeballs (made by moi), carrot and vegetable soup (Natalie and Brooke) and bone shaped rolls (mom and dad). The food was delicious of course! And Natalie decorated the table in the Halloween theme as well. Brooke also designed a "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" using HARD Halloween questions. In fact the only person who made it all the way was Emily (and you can guess that her questions weren't quite so hard :) Natalie then served witch's finger cookies (ginger snaps) with pumpkin dip. All in all I thought it was a lot of fun.


Today was my last day working full time at the bank. At one point the boss (Jay) called everyone back into his office and we all thought that we were in trouble...but he was just doing it to give me a card and to tell me good luck. Everyone had somehow signed a card without me noticing (I did have my nose buried in a book most of the day) and they also gave me $50!! I thought that was very thoughtful and I'm going to write a thank you note as soon as I finish this posting. I hope that my new job (first day is tomorrow!!) works out!!!

3 comments:

HayleeBird said...

Fun!! Wish I was there. :( I don't want to live in Utah, but I wish I lived near you guys. I'm thinking about coming up for Thanksgiving... are you going to be there?

Tam said...

Yes, we'll be here...Only now that I got this new job I might have to work on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years...It depends on my boss. Hopefully not, but it's comforting to know that if I have to I will get double pay (that's $24/hour!!)

Rachel said...

looks like fun! I too wish I was closer :(