Tonight I felt my baby hiccuping for the first time. I kept thinking, why is he kicking so much? What has gotten into this kid? And then I realized that the "kicks" I was feeling were much to frequent and rhythmic to be kicks. It was fun to get a sense of where his face/chest are. Not so much fun to be awakened at 4 a.m. to get it.
I think the kid has gone back to sleep now, and so I will, too.
5 comments:
I can't believe this is the first time you've felt the hiccups. Leah has them ALL the time!
I think maybe it's just the first time I realized it wasn't just kicking...I can be pretty dense sometimes :)
Cute. I did the same thing. I know he has to have been hiccuping for months now, but it was just in the last few weeks that I realized what that rhythmic pulsing was. You'd think I'd have that figured out much quicker in my third pregnancy, right? :)
Brendan had the hiccups all the time. It was so funny to see my belly jump to a rhythmical beat.
I don't remember Lilly ever getting hiccups when inwas pregnant. Maybe I just didnt notice.
Post a Comment