Monday, October 27, 2014

October Fun Things

Sienna has been off track for most of October and I tried to plan some activities that would be fun for her...I would hate to have her prefer being at school to being with her Mom!  (I'm pretty sure that's how it is, though.  She loves going!)

One thing we did was "tour" Sweet's candy factory.  We were bummed to find out that they no longer take people through the factory but we were able to watch a video about candy making, sample different kinds of treats and then we (of course) purchased a little bit of candy from the gift shop.  It was fun!




I love Gardner Village and find it especially fun during "witchfest" when there are all kinds of witches hanging around!  We went with some friends and just walked around looking at all the witches, sampled some candy from the candy shop, got our groove on to the hamster dance, and just had fun :)


Witchy Poo :)  

Tonight for FHE we carved some pumpkins!  (Actually Daddy did the carving while Sienna and Riley watched and helped pull out the guts (sort of ).  Mom made caramel sauce).

I think Riley liked how his pumpkin turned out.  He told me the "monster" ate his face off :)


Sienna drew this face on her pumpkin.  Not bad :)



Yummy caramel (recipe a few posts down on this blog)

Playing in the Halloween box.  Cutest batman I ever saw!

,


Halloween is a lot of fun but sadly, I feel like I haven't gotten into it all month long.  I wish I had gotten out the costumes, Halloween buckets, fake cobwebs and spiders, etc... and let the kids play all month long.  I have a pretty good excuse, being 8 months pregnant and having zero energy...but still!

No comments: