It is pretty shameful that I haven't posted since Bryson was born. I want to update regularly for the memories but am struggling to make the time with so much else to do. But I HAVE to start because these kids are growing up so fast :(
In Bryson's first few weeks, I found that he would only eat about 2.5 oz of milk per feeding from the breast but that if gave him a bottle, it bumped to 3.5 oz. I don't know why because I had plenty of milk but for some reason, that's all he would eat. I made the hard (and heartbreaking for a few weeks) decision to bottle feed him pumped milk. At this point, he is mostly eating formula because all the pumping and associated dished was taking up more time than I felt I could give. (Because I still had to FEED the baby when I was done and he started out a SLOW eater because he wouldn't wake up).
At Cassidy's 2 year appt, she was about 20 lb, Bryson was about 12 :) He seems to be growing much better than Riley or Cassidy ever did, which is a big relief for me. I love this little guy!
He started smiling and "talking" to us about a month ago and when I see his big grins, it makes me so happy! He eats about 3.5 oz every three hours, and sleeps 7 pm-7 am only waking up once at about 3:00 a.m. to eat. He's never woken me up more than 1x a night, which is great! And he is pretty good to sleep during the day as long as I lay him down before he's been awake too long (he can only last about an hour before the fussiness begins).
He has HATED baths since the beginning but as soon as I stopped using the little hammock that holds the baby ABOVE the water that changed. I guess he likes sitting in warm water for some reason :)
I have all pictures of Bryson on my phone, which I might come to regret, but here are a bunch for your viewing pleasure:
He was SO sleepy for his first 6-7 weeks. Wouldn't even really wake up to eat.
Not a fan of baths!
The hospital provided this binky and we have another baby who LOVES binkies.
In the hospital
This is where Bryson sleeps. We love it because it is small and can sit right by our bed but is very portable if we need him to sleep somewhere else.
This was taken right before B's circumcision. Poor little boy didn't know what was coming :(
Right before he was born.
Cassidy adores Bryson and wants to hold or touch him all the time. I have to pull her off of him sometimes because she doesn't understand that he's too small to get on top of :)
Tiny little newborn
I took this one while we were taking the bigger kids trick or treating. Think he was warm enough?
Trick or treating :)



















No comments:
Post a Comment