Sunday, July 23, 2017

Riley's 6th Birthday!

The birthday bedroom streamer trap tradition continues.  Dad and Mom couldn't find any steamers the night before Riley's birthday, so it ALMOST didn't happen but Dad is awesome and made a late night trip to the store for streamers and balloons.



 Riley was having a water party so his birthday cake had to reflect that somehow.  I tried to make it look like the ocean and did okay.  I think I deserve at least a B for this :)


Riley opened a present in the morning before Dad left for work:  water swords!!


 It was hard waiting for his party to start at 2 p.m. but he was very excited when his friends started showing up!  Mom had a bunch of water games planned out for them...

Sponge target practice:



Duck duck splash with water balloons:


But soon it became clear that these kids just wanted to PLAY and so Mom gave up party control (which was a big relief, actually.  Try being the only adult with 11 or 12 kids running around!)


 Once they popped all the water balloons, they created a water slide using the sprinklers!  An accidental benefit of that, was the mud hole created in the sandbox :)



 Afterwards, we came inside for ice cream/cake and presents!



Riley loved opening the presents and received some really fun ones!  He got a water gun, spiderman web squirters, kinetic sand, and shoot, I can't remember what else.  That's what you get when you don't write it down for almost 2 months!







After his party, we went out to eat to Chik-fil-a (his choice), where he opened a new wii game (Super Mario Bros) and this rocket toy: 



 Playing with his Kinetic Sand!




 Riley is such a generous, sweet, and fun boy!  Seriously, he ALWAYS gives half (or more) of any candy or loot he gets to Sienna.  He brings me a flower (weed) from the yard almost everyday, and has the silliest facial expressions of anyone I know.  I sure love my Ry guy!



No comments: