Thursday, September 7, 2017

Bryson's First Birthday

Bryson turned 1 today!  I can't believe it has been a whole year since I was so huge, uncomfortable and anxious to get him in my arms...that year passed faster than any year I've lived so far.  And I just love my little boyfriend :)  He doesn't seem like a baby anymore, because his personality is coming out and he has perferences now!!  One of the cutest things he does is initiating a game of peek-a-boo when he's getting his diaper changed.  He'll grab the pants I took off him and put them on his face.  He LOVES that game and giggles, wiggles and grins like crazy.  I'll have to get a video of it.  He also LOVES to play tag with me, and especially when I'm chasing him and then I stop and hide behind the furniture.  He turns back and comes to find me and is startled when I yell "boo".  I got him a few presents from Kid to Kid on Monday and just stuck them in my bedroom (one of them is really big) and he went in there, found them and just started playing.  No worries, though, because he's only 1 and he'll be happy when we get it out and put it in the toy room.

Bryson's favorite food: Ice cream!  Warm milk, graham crackers, black beans, french fries, chicken, pizza.  He isn't picky
Bryson's favorite toy: Rosy, cars or things he can roll along the floor, walkers
favorite game: peek-a-boo
favorite book: ones with flaps or moving parts
sleeps: 8 p.m. til 7 or 8 a.m. always cuddling Rosy
Naps: twice, if we're at home.  If I have to work in the morning he WON'T nap in a swing at the gym and then takes a 3+ hour nap when we come home

I love Bryson so much, and I will ALWAYS be glad that we went for baby #4 (and sometimes I think he makes me want a #5, because he's growing up to quickly and it makes me a little sad.  But we won't get a #5 unless it's God's will :)

Later tonight we are going to cook up some hamburgers, eat cake and ice cream, let Bryson smash a second cake, if he isn't too cool for that, and "open" his presents.  Then the other 3 can have their turn playing with the newest baby toys :/







No comments: