I have HAD it with my hair! I love long hair...on other people. On me, it does nothing but swing from a lazy ponytail. As I'm typing this, I haven't even brushed my hair! I put it in a clip straight out of the shower and 7 hours later it's still slightly damp and very tangled. I'm not patient enough to blow dry and fix it everyday but I'm tired of feeling plain and/or frumpy because my hair is undone. And then even when I DO fix it, I end up putting it in a ponytail anyway, so that little fingers can't pull it out of my head! So what do I do? I have some of the thickest hair in the world and I am seriously considering doing something short but it HAS to be easy and quick to fix otherwise I won't do it.
Advice???
These are some pictures I think are cute (not necessarily on me...I don't know!)


In my image wanderings I found this...I don't know what it's all about but it made me giggle :)

12 comments:
That's the thing. Short hair has to be done every day or it looks bad but long hair can just go in a ponytail. I prefer my hair short but it sure would be nice to just toss it is an elastic and be done. However, short hair is sassy and fun. Some styling products make it really easy to do quickly. Depends on the cut. If you have thick hair, a chunky layered cut should be really cute.
I UNDERSTAND!!! I just cut my hair almost exactly like the first picture. I loved it the second time I did it, but today it seems a little flat at the roots so I need to figure out how to style it better, BUT, I still love it. When I look back at pictures of my long hair I just get that overwhelmed feeling I'm sure you're feeling, like it's just too much. If you cut it though, you then have to do it every time you shower- which for me is a good thing, so that I look like a made a little effort, but I only wash it ever 2-3 days, so it's not too hard to do.
My only regrets is that the shorter pieces won't stay behind my ears, so next time, I'm cutting it the same length, just more of an A-line with letting the bangs grow out. Have fun decided. Remember it will always grow back!
Sorry, I had a little opinion about this, so I keep writing. Now that I think about it, It takes about the same time to go from wet to styled as my long hair did, but I just HAVE to do it every time I shower. So you could just start doing your hair ever day to decide if you really would like to keep the long hair, or can handle the work of short hair. Just helping you weigh the pros and cons.
I like the second hair style the best. I have the same kind of hair as you do and that haircut works really well for me. I told my stylist that I wanted an edgier bob just long enough to put in a small ponytail if I had to. If you go shorter than that, you can still put it up in a half-ponytail and then it looks like you did your hair even if you didn't put a lot of effort into it that day. And at that length, the blowdry takes like five minutes and if you decide to flat iron it, another 5-7 minutes. You can do that!
Adam and I like the 3rd style the best!
I could never give up the ponytail...way to easy. If you do go short--I think you should go blond too, you would look really sexy(but not the 3rd style)!
I like picture number 2. Also, I finally broke down and Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny serum, because my hair is ridiculously thick, and it cuts drying time by about a third, maybe even a half. I love it because now I have time to do my hair a couple times a week.
I love short hair! And I agree, if it's too hard to fix your hair each day, it's probably time for a change. If you get the right cut, you can have your hair done ten minutes after getting out of the shower. I do. But I've also been through about 14 different short styles and some definitely took much longer to style. Styles like the ones you posted always took longer for me because my hair wants to be too neat... it won't be shaggy unless I work at it! So your best bet is to ask for a hair cut that you can shag out like that, but can also wear smooth. If you have a good straight iron it will be easy peasy. Oh, and spend a little money on product. Sometimes I can find something that will work just as well at the drugstore, but not often.
Also, I begin to HATE my hair 5 weeks after the cut. My hair grows super fast, so yours might last longer. Still, if you go short, plan to get frequent trims because even the best and easiest haircuts look icky and become more difficult to style if you let them go too long. I had been getting mine done every 6 weeks, but was so miserable with it that last week that I finally moved it up to 5.
Above all, have fun! If you don't like the first cut, wait a month or two and try something else! I LOVE experimenting with new styles! I'm excited to see what you decide to do with it!
The nice thing is, we already know you look super cute with short hair! :) So there isn't a whole lot to fear there... that's my problem with shorter haircuts, i don't think I could pull it off very well. But new styles are so fun! And you can always go shorter... so if you start with a style not tooo short and work your way up, you can play it safe that way. Then you don't have to wait forever for it to grow back out to try somthing else!
Also, there are techniques that can thin your hair out a little bit which makes it quicker to dry your hair. So that could be an option too!
I think if you're not making any effort with your hair now, at least you can pull it up. If you chop it off, you're stuck! You have to fix it or you look ridiculous. Long hair is just easier. I get into the same rut though - my hair is pulled up a lot.
I say try it short. You obviously want a change, you look great with short hair, and you can always grow it back out if you decide to.:) I wish I dared to cut mine...but I've never really had short hair and I'm chicken!!!
I cut my hair a while ago. (not as short as pictures shown)Sometimes(if you cut your hair)You want your long hair again. But the short is awesome too.
Tam why didn't you let me cut your hair? Crazy girl! Call me sometime!
Post a Comment