Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sienna, Sienna, Sienna, and American Idol

For all my blogging fans...Uh, I mean friends...I know I've been gone too long. When we moved we didn't bring our computer over with us, and that means that I don't have any pictures to post. Since this blog is dedicated to Sienna and showing off how cute she is, I just haven't had any reason to post in awhile. Plenty of cuteness. Just not on this computer.

Actually I found some pictures on my friend Joie's blog. Isn't she a great photographer? That's her cute baby Max, who is 3 months younger then Sienna. (Max is her boyfriend, but she's the one in charge if you couldn't tell.)







Sienna experienced her first swing and LOVED it. I remembered that my parents had a baby swing that could be hooked up to the tree in their front yard, and so I dug around in their garage (for those of you who have seen their garage, you know what a tremendous undertaking that was!) and put it up for her. The last few days were warm enough to enjoy some swinging and I did get quite a collection of photos for my other computer.

Sienna's got such a distinct personality these days. She gets more fun every day!

She loves fruit, string cheese, graham crackers, and baby cereal puffs. She won't eat vegetables or meat without a lot of crying and spitting. Dinnertime has become very tricky for me, since I have to figure out how to get the vegetables down without her realizing and/or freaking out.
She loves to take baths and is now sitting alone in the tub without any kind of support (unless you count Mommy for that).

Ryan taught her how to play ball. If you roll the ball to her, she will roll it back. Although her roll is more like holding the ball an inch above the floor and dropping it.

She loves laundry. Anytime there is a pile of clothes-clean or dirty-she spreads it around the room one piece at a time, by way of flinging.

She loves to practice turning pages in books. She doesn't care about the story, and doesn't wait for me to read it...she just wants to turn pages and then when we get to the end of the book, she starts going back the other way. Over and over :)

She likes to scream--not in anger, but just to hear herself. She was screaming all through Walmart the other day and the binky didn't help, as she just spit it out repeatedly. Good thing she's so cute. No one could be annoyed if they just got a glimpse of that cuteness, right?

She won't keep socks or hats on, she copies actions she sees/hears others do (such as sticking out tongue, breathing through nose loudly, clicking her tongue, etc...).

She won't sit still for a diaper change and has to be physically restrained every time.

She has a mullet now that her hair has gotten pretty thick in back (but still very short on top).

She still only has 2 teeth. Other kids her age have, like, 5.

She's knows the hand sign for milk, but only makes it at night when she wakes up.

And a million other things. She's such a fun girl! That post was probably overkill, but that's what happens when you spend 8+ hours a day with such a sweetie. That's what you talk about :)

In other news, I watched American Idol tonight and my favorites (of the guys) are Lee and Andrew. Andrew's song was not my favorite, he was off-key through a lot of it, but I still love listening to his voice! And I also have to admit that I like Alex's unique voice. Too bad he has no chance because he has no confidence. I think Tim Urban is a cutie, but he isn't very good. Casey is good but I'm not gaga over him. Maybe he'll change that in the coming weeks, but I think it'll be either Lee or Andrew!


3 comments:

Christine said...

Those are some awesome pictures!! Sienna is about at my favorite age of babyhood. I love it when their personalities appear.

Brianne said...

Thanks for sharing! It's so fun to hear about Sienna and what you are up to. Hopefully we'll see you before too long!

Em said...

McKenna had a mullet/mohawk when she was that age. Nice. I LOVE reading about your cute girl. The pictures are absolutely darling! Hope you guys are doing well!