Friday, May 7, 2010

Sienna, Turning One?

Sienna is going to be ONE in 4 days! A whole year has passed since I woke Ryan up in the middle of the night and he drove me to the hospital. A whole year since meeting our little 7 lb 9 oz baby. It's gone by me without even realizing, and at the same time, I can't remember what life was like one year ago before having this beautiful girl in my life. I am so grateful for her, especially now that she's down for the night...

Sienna is now walking all. by. herself. She doesn't do it all the time, but when she does, she is really good at it. And you can tell that she's feeling proud by the way she grins at you afterwards.

She now has a vocabulary beyond just Dada and Mama! She can also say Moo, Cluck, Down, Cold, Eee-I-Eee-I-Oh, Ruff, Owie, No, and Grandma claims that she has said Grandpa...I still haven't heard that one.

Sienna is becoming somewhat disobedient now that she realizes she has a choice. She likes to get into the dog's bowls, throw food onto the floor from her high chair, and spit her food out so that it splatters all over her and me. And to make matters worse, any reaction from me (even a warning, "Uh-Oh") only eggs her on. She smiles at me as if to say, "What are you going to do about it, huh?" and only gets upset when she is left in her crib for a short 'time out'. What happened to my sweet, utterly dependent baby??

She is gradually weaning herself from breastmilk. We only nurse about 3 times a day now, around 10 minutes each time, and even that is a struggle. She just wants to play all the time. In order to keep her nursing I invented a game that I may live to regret. I take her foot and give it a good sniff. Then I say, "Stinky feet!" and act like I'm disgusted. From that point, Sienna takes over, sticking her cute little feet up towards my face and it continues from there.

I couldn't love this stinker more. I'm so glad to have her!





In other news, we might actually sell our townhome this month. The bank actually approved an offer and the buyer was still around and still interested in buying! That has never happened before since the bank likes to take it's sweet time! Cross your fingers for us, everyone!

9 comments:

Christine said...

Wow! Has it really been a year? Now the discipline begins. :)
She is still as cute as ever.
Congrats on the townhome selling. I hope all goes as planned.

Chelsea said...

Hope the townhome actually sells this time! Good luck!

Happy birthday Sienna!! She is such a cutie!

Em said...

Nope, can't believe she's turning one! She is so darling. One of the cutest little girls I've ever seen. And no, I don't say that to everyone.

HayleeBird said...

Oh, what a stinker! :) Is this what I"m going to be dealing with in about 9 months? Lucky for our little girls they are so cute that even being naughty is cute. She's adorable, and she's getting some more hair. Does she have blue eyes? I'm so curious what color eyes Lilly will end up with, since they're still that blue grey color she was born with.

Tam said...

Her eyes are blue just like Ryan's...a nurse told me once that IF a baby's eyes are going to change color it would happen around 2 months...

Brooke said...

she's adorable! Happy b-day Sienna! I hope things work out for your townhouse!

Brianne said...

She's so adorable! My only question: why do you want to keep breastfeeding??? If she's ready to quit, go for it...it's great to have your body back!

Tam said...

Bri-

I can't get her to drink whole milk and she won't eat anything but cheese, yogurt and fruit. I guess I think that if I'm breastfeeding, atleast she's getting some of what she needs.

Ryan the Man said...

Hi Honey! Just wanted to say how much I love you! And our cute little baby :)