.jpg)
(Picture from March 2010)
It's past my bedtime, but thanks to allergies I can't sleep. Rather than stare at the wall, I decided I could use the time to catch up a little on my blog...
Sienna has an expanding vocabulary; she probably knows how to say many more words than I even realize. She has to say things in context before I can figure them out-for example, the other day she was holding a dirty diaper (all wrapped up and ready to be disposed of), and kept saying the same unrecognizable sound over and over. After awhile I realized she was saying, "garbage" meaning she wanted to take the diaper outside and throw it in the big garbage can. The only problem is that she was only saying the second syllable of the word (bage), and it was coming out sounding like a word she shouldn't be saying.
She has also learned to say Papa (Grandpa Palmer), and Amen (she repeats it after we say it during family prayer).
She understands much more than she can say.
She responds by pointing at the correct body part when I ask her, "where's mama's nose? where's mama's eye?"
She spits or takes her binky out when I tell her, "Binky stays in the crib."
She knows that when I say something is yucky she needs to put it down (though she doesn't always obey...)
She knows where to go when I tell her it's lunchtime, or that we are going outside.
She knows that when I say it's diapey time she only has a few seconds to escape.
She knows that "bath time" means she should try to climb over the side of the tub.
Her eyes find the correct target when I say words like, "Lovey Bear", "Train", "Dolly", "Book", "Doggy", etc...
There are so many cute little things that Sienna does that I want to document and remember forever, but I'll record the rest in my journal and spare the rest of you a mile long post.
3 comments:
You can never have to many posts or pictures of that cutie to put up here... so fun! Such a sweet girl with a lot of personality!
Awww... she's too cute. I can't wait until Lilly is learning to say things.
I can't wait to see your little girl! How adorable!
Post a Comment