Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Terrible One and a Half's?
Sienna is and always will be my favorite little goose, but lately she has been driving me crazy. She throws tantrums daily now and they are pretty bad. She sprawls out face down on the floor, concrete, or whatever is underfoot. Sometimes she goes and stands in a corner with her face to the wall. Is that weird?? Anyway, I love her but I am sad to see her changing in this way. Today she got out of her crib during nap time (Don't even ask me how, I've never seen her attempt it before) and she wanted to be held and rocked. For her nap. I love to do that, but I can't rock her for 2+ hours while she sleeps. So she didn't take a nap. By 6 p.m. she had bags under her eyes and I got her ready for bed. I really hope we can figure these things out by the time baby boy is born and it starts all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear ya, Max is going through the same type of thing. He whines all the time and throws tantrums when I try to go shopping and don't let him out of the cart. Just wait until you have baby #2 with you and you can't chase #1 around...life gets a lot more interesting. It is super sad to see our precious little babies grow up and realize that I have to start disciplining now...what? parenthood isn't fun all the time?
Hi Tam
Near 2 years old and later, during adolescense, kids are trying to become more independent and cut the apron strings. It's part of gowing up . You could read about child development for her age and understand better the whys etc. When you knows it's a stage then it's easier to relax and not overreact.
If it's disobedient or inappropriate (extreme) you need to give choices but if it's milder, ignore what you can.
There are lots of stages as they grow up.
Post a Comment