Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Who Needs Electricity?

A few Saturdays ago there was a terrific storm.  We didn't see it, but it must have been going on somewhere because we lost power for several hours.  Rather than sit around at home, bored, we packed the kids into the car and headed to Brighton's Silver Lake!  The kids love going into the mountains (thanks to Daddy) and were more than happy about this!

It was drizzling rain when we got there, but we decided to brave getting wet and set out around the lake.

Riley had to get a rock (or "wock"), of course!

Look at this cheesy smile!  I love that he pulls faces like this if you tell him to smile!  

Holding hands (yes, I told them to...would be super sweet if they did it on their own!)

I don't know what Riley is looking at, but he's pretty happy about it!

I was taking pics of Ryan and the kids and a nice guy offered to get one of all of us.  

As we headed home we realized that we didn't know if the power would be back on or not, so we dropped by Papa John's and got a stunning supreme pizza.  The power did happen to be on again (shucky darn! it's too fun when it goes out!) but we watched our tiny Ry guy scarf down two pieces of pizza!  It was a fun out of the ordinary day and a good memory! 

No comments: