Thursday, September 12, 2013

Why a mom shouldn't get on the computer unless her children are napping...

After breakfast and a little Mommy School time with the kids, I usually go upstairs to change out of my pajamas.

Sometimes being in the same room as the computer is too enticing and I sit down for what I intend to be just one moment.  

Sometimes that moment drags on and on until something happens that is urgent enough to abruptly end my session.  Today was one of those days.





It could have been much worse...there was (thankfully) no peanut butter on the carpet, or really anywhere other than Riley's hands and shirt.  I noticed after cleaning him off that 3 of my pills were missing out of my pill box-and after a couple of minutes of frantic searching and worrying that he had eaten them, I found them--in the peanut butter jar.  I had to dig them out and there you see them in the last photo, covered in the nasty stuff (I am not into peanut butter AT ALL).  I still haven't decided if I'm going to try and save them or just get rid of them...

Riley is such a cute, delightful little guy!  He is super extremely small- he only weighs about 22 lbs- and I worry about his tiny appetite and picky eating ALL THE TIME.  But as far as his personality goes, he is so. much. fun.  He is a climber (scary for me, but I'm learning that he can do it!), and a huge tease!  Sometimes he calls me by the wrong name ("Hi, Lehi!") and then just laughs and laughs.  He is not at all shy and will shout ("Hi!" or "Bye!") to people that are almost out of hearing range, whether he knows them or not.



Today while I was making dinner I looked over and found him watching TV in the strangest position...I had to grab my camera because it made me laugh.  




Later on, I asked him to clean up some crayons that he had dumped under the table.  When I checked to see if he was working on it, I found him like this, still trying to watch TV.  What a character!


Funny things about Riley that I want to remember are that:
-if I put him in any zip up jammies I am likely to find him totally undressed during the night or the next morning
-when he gets upset with me or Ryan, he will cry and say in the most pathetic voice, "You made me cry!"
-His favorite game by far is to pretend he is a monster and growl at everyone.  He loves it when I scream and run away.  He also likes me to be the monster and to catch and kiss or tickle him.
-He is a chatterbox!!  Sometimes I really wish I had my camera with me to record the cute way he talks to himself and anyone who will listen
-He likes to get a response from people.  If he tells me "Goodnight", he will yell it over and over until I say goodnight back to him.  It doesn't matter if we already said goodnight while I was putting him to bed.  I have to respond every single time.
-He calls Sienna, "Sienna Sue" a lot, and sometimes even shortens it to something like "Seh Sue".  
-He loves to put on and take off shoes.  I don't even put shoes on him anymore until we have arrived at our destination because he always gets them off while we are driving there.
-He throws terrific tantrums, usually the reason is totally ridiculous but he throws himself on the floor and there is nothing you can do but give him a few minutes to calm down.  

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of the cute things he does but I'll add to the list when I think of them :)  We are so glad to have him in our family!

No comments: