Sunday, October 20, 2013

Proud Mama

I just realized that I never wrote about an event that I would be very sad to forget.  About a month ago our family went to sacrament meeting with my parents.  It happened to be their ward's primary program and when it was time for all the kids to go up front, Sienna wanted to go too.  It must be said that we were in that ward up until August of this year, and Sienna knew the sunbeams and their teachers, so I felt ok letting her go up and sing with them.  Her cousin Livvy was also a sunbeam in the same ward and was hesitant to go, but Sienna tagging along made it easier.  When it was time for the Sunbeams to say their lines into the microphone, Livvy refused to do it.  Sienna was conveniently on the stand and willing to take Livvy's place, so she said the lines they whispered to her and then slipped back into the crowd of kids.  I was so proud of her, because she is very shy and doesn't like to do anything out of her comfort zone.  Then throughout the rest of the program she periodically waved to me, blew me kisses and made our secret "I love you" signal (touching the tip of her nose twice and then pointing at me).  I think that she was feeling the spirit and it made her feel happy and affectionate.  It was such a proud moment for this mama.  My baby girl is so grown up!

No comments: