Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentine's Day

On Valentines day, Ryan and I covered the kids bedrooms with red pink and white balloons.  They each also had one heart shaped helium balloon.  When Sienna woke up in the morning she told me she thought they were from Santa :)

 I made sugar cookies and let Sienna and Riley help me decorate (some of) them.
I gave them each three cookies: Letter I, and heart and letter U.  Riley ate his up right away but Sienna decided to save hers to give to Daddy.  Aww!

Afterwards, we came up with a fun game to play.  Sienna had a pile of her stuffed animals for throwing and I was running around the living room trying to dodge them.  Once someone was hit 5 times, we switched.  Something that I find utterly hilarious is the way my kids think that panting somehow helps them hurry :)


On V-day we stayed in and had roast chicken, sparkling cider, and cupcakes.  Ryan said that I could pick a chick flik but we ended up watching "Rush" which we REALLY boring and anything but a chick flik :)  Ryan got me a rose (which we put into a water bottle because apparently we don't have a single vase) and some perfume.


On the 15th, Ryan's parents drove to our house to babysit so that we could go on a nice date.  (Thank you!!)  We went to a really nice restaurant called Brio and it was delicious!  We talked about how we wanted to do more "dating" because really, we've fallen into the tv-wtaching every night slump and it isn't a very fulfilling way to spend time together.  
Then we tried again to watch a chick flik, and had some more bad luck (The man from snowy river).

I took this photo at the restaurant and posted 'on a date with Ryan and his phone' but the truth is that he wasn't on his phone much and he was only posting a picture he took of me.  I love this guy like crazy and think he is more handsome than ever!



No comments: