Riley's birthday door. I tried to load the video of him bursting out of there, but it didn't work. Let's just say he didn't hesitate to run out of the door :)
Then he went downstairs and came back up with these...I guess he was too hungry to wait for us to make our way down to him :)
Opening one of his presents:
Then he played with his "COOL!" new toy all. day. long. He was clapping and laughing and really enjoying it!
Later in the day, Aunt Rachel brought cousins Maddie, Ella and Livvy over and we all went swimming. Riley wore himself out so much that he went over to warm up in a towel and fell asleep.
I don't have the pictures to upload right now, but we also had a little birthday party for him and he opened his other present. A stomp rocket!! We took it outside to play and attracted all the kids that were in the immediate area to come and play with it! It was a huge hit, but we had to stop after the second time a rocket got stuck in a tree. Daddy climbed up BOTH trees (one was a pine tree that scratched him all up) and saved the day.
Riley's hair was getting a little unruly, so Aunt Rachel helped by giving him a little buzz. I love his expressive face!! <3 p="">3>
Funny things about Riley:
When he gets a time out he asks me, "Do I have to stay here forever?"
Instead of using the word yes, he has been saying, "sure" a lot lately. It is very cute :)
He eats like a bird...except at breakfast, when he is starving from not eating lunch and dinner the day before.
He only wants to be answered by the person he is addressing. If he asks me for a treat and I say "no", he asks Dad and gets REALLY mad if I answer again. "I'm asking Daddy!!!"
This boy does not sit still and has a really tough time during scripture/prayer/FHE. I fear for his future primary teachers!
He loves to laugh and to make the rest of us laugh too.
He is very affectionate and loves to give me hugs. He gives them unprompted!
Likes to pretend to be a puppy and/or a baby. It's cute but sometimes annoying because his "baby" personality likes to cry and whine.
He is potty trained (for #1) and has even gone diaper free during church the last few Sundays!
One of his favorite things to do is go to the mountains to throw rocks in the water. We went on a camping trip and several hikes this last weekend and what he kept asking was, "Where is the water?"
He loves to sing the ABC song and asks for Eensy Weensy Spider most nights at bedtime.
At bedtime he asks for books and always adds, "I promise I won't rip them!" This is because after several books were ripped, he wasn't allowed to look at books for a few weeks.













No comments:
Post a Comment