Friday, November 28, 2014

Cassidy: 1 Week!

I am super impressed with Cassidy's ability to sleep 23 hours a day and to survive off of a 5 minute feeding every 1.5 hours.  She would probably sleep all night (11 or 12 until 6 or 7) if I didn't wake up in the night feeling really full of milk and wanting to transfer some of that milk to her belly.  It's normal for babies to be sleepy, but c'mon!!  If I didn't have a pump I would probably lose my milk supply!  I also feel like I can get anything else done or go anywhere because I'm always thinking that she is going to need to eat before long. 

Riley and Sienna LOVE their baby sister and are constantly wanting to hold her.  Riley is a little rough, always poking her face and squeezing/pinching her fingers.  I am trying to be patient but also trying to help her out of those situations unscathed.  It ain't easy.  Riley thinks it's hilarious to put one of my nursing pads on top of her head while she nurses...like a funny little hat.  I'll have to take a picture of that sometime.

More than anything, we adore our baby girl and wish we could keep her little for awhile, though I won't miss the poor sleep!

No comments: