4 a.m. Wake up to feed Cassidy. She is consistently waking up at 4. Only once a night! Seems unusual and awesome!
7 a.m. Wake up to kids begging for breakfast. Feed them whatever they demand (usually bagels). Nurse Cassidy and then pump.
8 a.m. Lay Cassidy down for nap. Try to get Sienna and Riley to get dressed and do chores. Eat breakfast myself if I get around to it.
9 a.m. Remind kids for the 5th time that they are supposed to be doing chores, not playing. Dishes, laundry and cleaning.
10 a.m. Cassidy wakes up to eat. Read stories with the kids while I nurse her. Try not to get mad at them for constantly trying to touch/poke/startle her with their volume. Send them to eat a snack and color or do "homework" at the kitchen table while I try to pump and enjoy Cassidy's cooing at the same time.
11 a.m. Cassidy down for another nap. Kids still asking for food. Turn on T.V. to shut them up :) Clean up the big mess they made since I last cleaned.
12 p.m. Make lunch. Listen to complaints about what I made for lunch. Clean the carpet after Riley spilled some food on the floor. Send the kids to play outside.
1 p.m. Cassidy needs food. Feed and pump. Tell the kids again that they have to wait if they want me to play memory with them. Change the laundry. Comfort the baby after Riley accidentally stepped on her. No Riley, I can't build a track with you right this minute!
2 p.m. Baby is tired, lay down for nap. Did I forget to eat lunch? Eat nearest piece of fruit to tide myself over. Fold some laundry, empty the dishwasher. Kids are sooo hungry-get them a snack. Kids, please clean up this mess!!
3 p.m. Finally get a minute to look at the track Riley is excited to show me. Play for just a minute before realizing there is a wet spot on his carpet. Riley pee'd. Clean up the pee while Riley is in time out. Sienna wants me to play Sorry with her. We settle on a shorter game of Hiss which I play while distracted by all the laundry and messes around the house.
4 p.m. Cassidy wakes up to eat. I start to wonder what I should make for dinner. Kids please stop fighting! Go to your rooms and play separately! Turn on TV for the kids. Do dishes.
5 p.m. Put Cassidy back down for a nap. Start cooking dinner. Daddy's home, yay! Eat dinner, clean up and do dishes.
6 p.m. Cassidy starts crying. Do I pick her up? Get Cassidy and try to feed her. During tummy time the kids continue to maul her. Send Sienna to her room for being a bully. Check Riley for concussion.
7 p.m. Dad turns on batman and we all watch together. Cassidy goes to sleep again. Mom is cleaning. Can we do bedtime early tonight?
8 p.m. Put on jammies, brush teeth, scriptures and bed. Give Cassidy a bath. Sit on couch and watch TV while feeding Cassidy. Pump. Fold more laundry.
11 p.m. Feed Cassidy one more time before bed. Do the last few dishes. Collapse into bed.
Life is busy for how much I actually accomplish! At the end of the day you can not tell that I spent so much time cleaning the house or doing the dishes. It can be really depressing to not SEE progress. I've got to focus on my kids, though, and make sure their needs are being met. I could improve a LOT in that area. I'm amazed that with everything going on, I have kept it together as well as I have (and that is coming from an un-showered woman who hasn't worked out in several months). It is NOT easy having kids. And no matter how hard you think it is, you're wrong. It is way harder. I just want to be able to focus on the moment and enjoy having them while they are young. Why is it so darn hard to do that!?
No comments:
Post a Comment