What can I say about Sienna? She is the best little helper that a mom could ask for! She especially loves to help me take care of Cassidy-although forget about asking her to throw diapers away or anything of that sort!
Around Halloween I took the kids to storytime at the library and everyone was dressed in their halloween costumes. I noticed Sienna staring at a couple of little girls dressed up like Elsa (from Frozen). As a result, she got an Elsa dress for Christmas, as well as another dress she loves :) Ever since then she has been dressing up (almost everyday!), turning on music and dancing around the room. She draws Riley into the fun by putting dresses on him and having him dance with her. I really should put her in dancing lessons again! I have called her pretty and/or beautiful and have noticed she doesn't always get mad about it anymore! And sometimes when I fix her hair, she spends some time smiling and admiring herself in the mirror. Today she brushed her hair out and called herself "adorable". I'm liking this new phase :)
She is reading SO WELL! She can sound out words and even as she's sounding them out, she'll realize what the word is meant to be and then just says the right word. I've been really impressed by her ability :) Her imagination is delightful as well. If I limit the TV, that is. She loves to watch TV and movies and thinks it's her god given right to hold the remote every time. But back to her imagination...yesterday she and Riley went on a 'bear hunt' around the house. Today she dressed up like a cow-girl. She just is a lot of fun when I don't interfere and make her clean up the toys :)
She is starting to be more open to new foods and has some random favorites. She LOVES spaghetti, nachoes, pizza, hard boiled eggs, cheese and pickle sandwiches, potstickers, thai peanut noodles, and the most recent thing she decided to try and LOVED is a hamburger. There is something magical about Costco samples. She will try just about anything if Costco has a sample and I have found that she likes some things I wouldn't have guessed she would-like canned salmon.
She loves school and doing crafts. She loves playing games and her very favorite is "Sorry". She asks to play that almost every time we have our "special time" together. She is really sweet and delightful if Ryan and I don't ruin it by being too controlling or critical. She has been asking for a lot of things recently. I think it might be time to start letting her earn money of her own so that she can learn the value of money and buy some things for herself :)
Some of the problems we've been having with her are that she is very slow and distractible when it comes to getting things done (chores, getting ready, eating, even pooping takes her a loooong time!
) Her chores take all morning, so we've been having her finish chores before breakfast is served to her. That isn't even helping as much as you'd think. She can be VERY disrespectful at times and has told me that she doesn't care about me or similar. She is very bossy to Riley and yells at him or even kicks/hits him when she is upset (sadly I think the yelling was learned from me :( Sometimes she fibs. She has been trained on how to clean her room really nicely and yet she will tell me it's clean when it isn't even close to the standard. She is a praise junkie. She gives up easily if something is hard for her. There are definitely some things we need to work on, but overall she is a parent's dream. A few days ago she wrote Daddy a note and it said, "I've been noticing that you are fun!"
We sure love our Sisi!
No comments:
Post a Comment