Riley has been so funny lately but if I don't write his funniness down immediately (seriously, within 1-2 minutes), it's gone from my memory forever. It is so sad because he's hilarious! Here are a few pearls of comedy from him (they make me laugh, anyway):
-We made cupcakes together for special time the other day. He calls them muffins even after I've corrected him (not in a mean way) 20 times a day. For some reason, they are "muffins" :)
-We were playing a game called "chef" where Riley is the chef and I order food from him and he makes it for me. He doesn't typically bring me what I order, or if he does, he also brings a bunch of extras and continues to walk by throughout the meal, putting new food on the table. Can you imagine if a real chef did that? It would be so weird :) Today, after my meal of waffles with strawberries, a tomato and leek, and lots of flavors of ice cream, I told the chef, "Your food is so good that I am going to give you 5 stars!" and I drew 5 stars on the magna doodle. Riley grabbed the magna doodle out of my hand, erased the 5 stars and yelled, "No! I want a scary face!" and proceeded to draw a face (that actually looked happy and normal, not scary). Can you imagine if a real chef did THAT?
-While we were swimming in the kiddie pool at Snowbird and enjoying having it to ourselves, a little boy about Sienna's age got in. Riley made a super angry, monster face and snarled, "Get out!". At the time, I sternly told him that we don't talk like that to people and made him apologize but it was sort of funny....you don't expect a cute little boy to turn evil like that.
-This one is something Sienna said in the car on the way to school. As we were waving goodbye to Donovan's mom, I said "Donovan, you have such a nice mommy!" and without missing a beat, Sienna told him, "My mom wishes she was a nice mommy!" Um, excuse me??
No comments:
Post a Comment