
I thought the family might be interested in knowing what kept us up so late on Sunday night, but first I'll fill in the rest of you...
On Sunday Ryan and I, Miles, Beth, Chelsea, Doug and Susan went to the city to eat dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (and again, I was unimpressed with the food...sorry guys! If they can't make it yummy, then why's it on the menu?). We decided to take Bart since we live right by the San Bruno station, and then we wouldn't have to worry about traffic or parking, which can be a huge pain! We bought our tickets and we got there just fine, spent a nice evening together, stuffed our faces, and at around 10:30, we were all ready to crash. We went back to Powell street and caught the Bart back to San Bruno, but were informed over the intercom that the train was only going to take us as far as 24th St Mission because the Glen Park station was closed due to 'police activity'. (I found out later that there was a suspicious package found in the station and a bomb squad was brought in to investigate but it amounted to nothing. Some guy probably just left his luggage on accident and was worried sick about his toiletries. The article I read also said something about a man jumping down onto the tracks and walking into the tunnel. They caught and arrested him, although it wasn't clear if the two incidents were related or not).
At the time, this was the worst possible situation for us, because although Ryan and I frequently ride Bart, we have never had to ride the buses here, and didn't know how to get to the next open station. We followed the rest of the crowd, and there was a very nice woman who helped us get to the right transfer point, and so sometime around midnight we were back on the train heading home. It was a little ironic that it took us an hour to get as far as 5 minutes would have taken us on the train. Frustrating! We have now been forbidden to ride Bart at night by Susan, Ryan's mom, and I whole heartedly agree. Hopefully we'll be able to look back and laugh at how worried we were, so that the experience won't be totally wasted :)
4 comments:
Yeah, you know, I love the cheesecake there but I am now convinced that Cheesecake Factory food is no better than cafeteria food arranged to look fancy on your plate. Thanks for the taste Miles, but I wasn't impressed with your salmon. And Bethanie, I just can't bring myself to order biscuits and gravy for dinner at a restaurant. Love you guys.
Actually, I was surprised by the salmon because I don't like fish, but that had good flavor. Also, I had a bite of Beth's mashed potatoes and if I ever go back to that restaurant, I'm going to order one of those two dishes. But if a restaurant can only do 2 entrees right, from their whole freaking huge menu, that's not great odds.
I think the food isn't bad... it's just not great. And for the price, I expect great food. Oh well, the Cheesecake is definitely good. :)
That train ride was pretty rediculous. Glad we made it home alive!
We had a great time! And although you and Ryan are never ever allowed to ride the BART again at night, I wouldn't trade one minute of the entire adventure! Thanks for spending your weekend showing us around. It was great!
I would also like to add my two cents about the Cheescake Factory. My Orange chicken was delicious (I was starving!), but after eating a very healthy portion of my own dinner, I could have eaten another entire order of Bethanie's (and Joel's!) chicken and biscuits!
Post a Comment