Saturday, March 14, 2009

Giant Green Marshmallow

Last night around 4 AM Tamara had a disturbing experience. She had gotten up in the middle of the night because Sienna was squirming and kicking and moving around and not letting Tamara get any sleep. So she went and had a little drink, used the bathroom, etc., and finally came back to bed. As she pulled the sheets up, I (was still asleep in bed) began to "giggle" as Tamara reported it. She was right, I have to admit. I was giggling like a little girl. In fact, I was giggling so hard that I woke myself up and couldn't stop. Tamara was, of course, wierded out and disturbed by this bizarre behavior and asked me what was so funny, to which I responded that I had had a funny dream. As the uncontrollable giggling began to subside, I started to think about what had caused this strange fit of laughter. The image that came to my mind was a giant green marshmallow, dancing on a stage in front of people. It had a huge smile, kind of like what you'd see on the Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters before he gets mad, and long skinny legs and arms like the M&Ms have in the commercials. So while he was dancing, he slipped somehow and fell off the stage into the crowd of people, his arms and legs waving and kicking all over the place. He rolled over a few people and knocked them down -- and that is what made me start laughing.



So what drugs had I been doing the night before, you ask? I don't remember taking any drugs... Maybe I should see what the "secret ingredient" in the ravioli Tamara made for us for dinner was...

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Weirdo. ;-)

Rachel said...

I can't believe you admitted to all this!

Amberly said...

Ha ha! I love it! I can't believe you're dreaming about a giant green marshmallow! I remember a time when we were living in Missouri and I came home from babysitting after Chelsea and Beth had already gone to bed. As I was undressing to get into bed, Chelsea shouted, "Off with her head!" I know. Disturbing.

Chelsea said...

Hahaha... oh dear... thanks Amber! Too much Alice in Wonderland! I don't think that even compares to a dancing green marshmallow though! :) Awesome!!

Mom said...

You think that's wierd....ask Dad about he cat-size spider he was wrestling in his dreams a few nights ago!

Ryan the Man said...

Cat-sized spiders are wierd, but waking up laughing at dancing green marshmallows is downright creepy.