Friday, August 20, 2010

Have you met Pip?

I have to admit that during Sienna's nap time sometimes I get really bored. Sometimes I don't want to be "productive". So I get online and I read other blogs. Friends, family, and very often total strangers blogs. That is how I met Pip. I have to warn you that once you meet her, you'll fall in love. And you'll follow her blog from now until forever.

(Picture stolen from Reagan's Blob)

Isn't she a cutie? Every time I read about her, a part of me (the mommy part, I think) melts and wants to hold her and pinch her cheeks just like Elmira from Tiny Toons. Is that morbid? I always feel very grateful for things that I maybe take for granted otherwise--things like having Sienna sleeping in the next room over every night, and being able to take her to the grocery store, the park or anywhere I want to (and even places I don't want to).

I like her mom, too. She's a lot of fun. In fact, I wish I could be more like her, because she always looks so pretty, and you can tell that she's living her life every minute, every day, and is (as she puts it) nailing it! It makes me feel jealous sometimes for being so afraid to live mine. I'm afraid to talk to new people, afraid they won't like me. Afraid to explore a new city alone. Afraid to spend money. Now that we don't live near San Francisco and never will again, I regret never going to Alcatraz (I almost called it Azkaban-ha!), never going to the Theatre, never eating at an expensive restaurant. I regret having never traveled outside of the US-or inside the US-before getting married or before having a baby. I regret not completing school, not keeping in touch with any old friends, not having anything that I'm really good at. But I think the thing I fear the most is for Sienna to grow up just like me, with fear and eventually, a long list of regrets for her life. Yikes. Please, no!

I'm going to have to work on that :) Maybe I'll take her to the zoo today, by myself. (Yikes...)

Yeah, you should go meet Pip. She makes me want to do things I would otherwise be too scared to do.


3 comments:

Joie said...

That's so funny, that you call that list of things regrets. I actually did all those things you mentioned before I met Adam and got married, but the whole time all I was worried about was that I was never going to get married or have a family.

I know what you mean about being scared to do things. The same thing happened to me when I had Max. I just got stuck inside and lost my self confidence. I often think about the fearless person I used to be and I hope that I can find her again one of these days. Don't give up...you are right were Sienna needs you most!

Kristina said...

I know exactly what you mean about being scared - im in the same boat. I used to be very outgoing and that slowly went away.
i worry people won't like me either. You don't need to worry about people not liking you. You're wonderful and very likeable. Also, you're very talented at sewing. I dont even know how to turn on a sewing machine. But, yeah, i think everyone has there regrets. im right there with ya.

Brianne said...

You're too young to have regrets! Your life isn't even close to being over...you have lots of time to do all those things! I graduated from college when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with Jack. It's never too late to find a way to do what you want to do. Maybe you could take a couple of classes.:)