Ryan and I have been wanting to get Sienna a play kitchen for awhile now. Maybe she's been too young, but for some reason we've really wanted to get it (probably because I want to play with it!!). The problem is that they are just too darn expensive. And the ones that aren't as much aren't as good. I like the realistic, made out of wood kind WAYYY better than the plastic kind. So you get the dilemma. But, I was online yesterday and just happened to bump into this really good idea! I got it from this blog: giggleberrycreations.blogspot.com
This is what they started out with. An old entertainment center that you can buy used for very cheap if you look at yard sales, etc...
And they turned it into my DREAM play kitchen! This is soo cute! I LOVE it! The only thing I would change would be to have the oven open from the top and not the side. I think I will be trying to find myself an entertainment center! Christmas is coming, after all, and I would LOVE to present Sienna with something like this (from Santa, of course)

6 comments:
What a cute idea! That would be a fun project, I hope it works out! :)
super cute! My kids love to pretend to cook, so I should look into getting a cheap entertainment center!
Wow. I just realized I don't have enough time to take on a project of that magnitude!
But if I did, I don't think I would let Santa take the credit! Give him credit for the board game and dolly instead. :)
The burners on my stove are unpainted wood spirals that I got at either Roberts or Michaels, I can't remember which... I painted them with the same silver paint that I used on the knobs, which are corks, and the faucet, which is an unpainted wooden J that I turned upside down.
Good luck! I had no experience with any kind of building projects before I did mine, but it wasn't that hard!
Um...that's adorable. Good luck!
That is awesome. Love it and want one.
Post a Comment