Thursday, October 21, 2010

It Finally Happened


We never thought it would really happen but we were finally able to complete a short sale on our townhome. It's been a stressful and frustrating year and a half, but everything finally came together for the 5th (or maybe the 6th--it's hard to keep track of) potential buyer. It's a relief to have it all over with. Now we just need to hope that we aren't hit with a big tax bill, and that we can get our credit back before we are ready to buy again. We did learn a valuable lesson, so it wasn't all bad...I guess :)

(And I waited until our mortgage account online said it was "closed" before posting this...I still didn't believe it was all over! Hey, I guess something could still go wrong, with our luck! Knock on wood!!)

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

YAY!! Congrats! And those are some stinking cute pictures of Sienna in the Bee costume... :)

joseph and brianna said...

So glad you finally sold it! And good for you for finding the silver lining. :) Miss you guys!

HayleeBird said...

Congrats! Both of our houses closed also, so I know the feeling. What a pain that was!

Brooke said...

YAY!

Em said...

YAY!