I'm terrible at blogging. I'm not even sure why I try...yes I am. It's because I'm also terrible at journal writing and scrapbooking. Therefore I just know that someday this blog is going to be the only record I have kept of Sienna as a baby (And this next baby, too). May I learn to blog more often :)
We got some new carpet last month and although we can't install it, my Dad helped me cut it to the size of our rooms and we just laid it over the top of the nasty purple/red stuff. You'll see for yourself with the pictures, but it has made a WORLD of difference in our apartment. Messes don't seem as messy, I don't have to vacumn every 30 minutes just to keep my sanity, it's soft and cushy under our feet, and in short, it actually makes this dismal cell of an apartment seem pleasant. I like being home! The best $$ I ever spent :)
My Dad came to help me with the carpets (Ryan had a busy week and I didn't want these babies laying around for that long). Sienna sure enjoyed playing on them, though
This is a BEFORE picture of the carpet. Trust me, this picture does not depict just how nasty and uncomfortable a floor this was. The thought of laying my newborn baby down on it--or even just the thought of getting down on it myself to play--was ICK! I really really hated it.
And here are some AFTER shots. I tell Ryan everyday how much I love the new carpet. Just ask him. He's probably really annoyed by now.
This is the babies' room. The carpet is different because we bought 3 separate remnants, and they didn't have 3 of the same. Got a great deal at Home Depot, by the way. The carpet we wanted was on sale for $.73/sq foot at one location. At another location, they had that very carpet in their remnant section. 2 pieces, just the sizes we needed. Only it wasn't on sale there. So we asked if they would match the price, and because they were remnants, we got 30% off... which made the carpet close to 50 cents a foot!! I'm sure ya'll don't care. Sorry :)
On another note, I bought this bowl at DI and am wondering if you have any ideas for what I should put in it? It has stood empty for close to a month now :) Thanks!
2 comments:
I have no advice about the bowl but I love the new carpets. Its amazing how much the floor affects a room.
Love the new carpets! Like you said money well spent! For the bowl maybe you could put some of the rattan balls? (not sure what they are called) Or you could put it on your kitchen table or counter as a fruit bowl...
Post a Comment