I've never been one who enjoyed hiking. I married a man who loves (almost) nothing more than a good hike. He even took me hiking in Yosemite when Sienna was barely two weeks old. I remember feeling guilty for quitting in the middle of an easy-ish hike. LOVE YOU HONEY! But ever since Sienna got old enough to walk, she has liked to hike. And it is making me like it, too! It is just too darn fun to take her out and watch her explore, climb, and collect rocks.
March 1st was a beautiful day. Ryan had some time to spend with us, so we decided to go to Antelope Island.
Did you notice S's muddy knees? The trail was muddy in spots and at one point I told her to hold my hand so she didn't fall in the mud. She sped up to "escape" me and promptly fell in the mud. It was a little funny, actually. She got up and said, "Don't worry!" or something to that effect. I'm glad she's so laid back.
Climbing on the rocks. You can tell from the second picture that I'm right by her, but Ryan wanted me out of the picture. You can see from the 3d picture that I was nervous about it.
Deciding in the end to just walk around it. Thankfully.
We saw several Buffalo (she's pointing at one here), and one antelope. They really should rename the place, "Buffalo Island".
A very fun outing. Afterwards we wanted to get lunch, but had trouble keeping Miss Sienna awake during the (short) drive to Zupas. Video to come. Oh, how I love these two!!
No comments:
Post a Comment