Monday, November 12, 2012

Snow


It snowed all day today and I couldn’t refuse to let Sienna bundle up and go out to play.  At first I sent her out by herself.  I don’t have good snow clothing and even if I did, I’m not fond of snow…at all.  

But after watching from the window as my sweetheart discovered her own footprints in the snow, licked snowflakes out of the air, and made “snowballs” to throw up in the air, I just wanted to share those moments.  I borrowed my Mom’s boots and a jacket and went out to re-discover the magic of the first snow. 

We went out into the park and walked in each other’s footsteps, said “Hi” to a nice snowman, and Sienna slid down a snow covered slide.  It didn’t take long for Mommy to decide she was going back inside, but for those moments outside with my beautiful daughter I was grateful for the snow. 

And I *hate* snow.





*Daddy took Sienna out to play in the snow and sledding the next morning.  And I have decided that Mommy and Riley need to get snow pants so we don't miss out on all the fun!

No comments: