Feb 2 was this handsome guy's 29th birthday!
He still likes to make silly faces for pictures. I wonder if that will change during his 30's...
I'm a super wife and I woke up early to make Ryan a special breakfast: breakfast burritos! One of our favorites but you have to cook so many things that we don't do it unless it's a special occasion. (I think the last time was my birthday in May 2012).
Sienna was excited to get chocolate milk. She didn't eat a burrito, and in fact, only wanted bacon. Riley ate practically nothing, despite his plate full of deliciousness. Stinker!
Reading his "29 things we love about you" note. I think I'm going to make this a tradition for everyone's birthday, although it will be hard to think of ONLY four and ONLY two things about S and R this Spring :)
Presents! We went very simple this year: Ryan got a snickers and twix from the kids, The Lord of the Rings books and "The Black Keys" CD from me as well as $50 to spend. (I was suffering from double vision for a month before his birthday and couldn't drive anywhere...so I decided to let him do his own shopping. He knows what he wants better than I do, anyway).
We didn't do much all day. We attempted to spend his $$, but couldn't find what he wanted (clothes and shoes), so we spent the day at home and he got to play video games, and in all honesty, was very bored. Sorry honey! We went to Red Robin for dinner with Ryan's family and enjoyed yumminess! We highly recommend the salted caramel shake and the Bleu Ribbon Burger. Yum!
Let's make 29 a good year! (So that I can come up with 30 new reasons next year!)
29
Reasons Why I Love You
1.
You cuddle with me as we fall asleep
2. You’re
super duper hot, and keep on getting hotter! (Evidenced by the fact that I’m
not as attracted to the skinnybones adolescent you are in our wedding photos)
3.
I love watching you play with Sienna and
Riley. You are completely different from
me, and they need us both so much!
(Except the part about them always getting hurt with you…)
4.
You encourage me to follow my interests
even if they involve expensive camera equipment.
5.
Your sense of adventure. You keep future trips on the calendar!
6.
You always give me
perspective. About being in debt, having
MS, or whatever!
7.
You save your voicemails from Sienna
8. You
drive really far and work really hard every day to provide for us
9.
You wanted so badly for us to be in our own home (in
Lehi), but you are being such a great sport about living with my parents
10.
You think I’m beautiful first thing in the
morning (we should get you those new contacts soon!)
11.
You spoil me when it comes to Holidays and
Birthdays (way more than you should)
12. You really got
into the Elf on the Shelf thing. It was
fun to see you do it!
13. You are a good cook
(let’s see more of that J)
14. You brag about me
(that I’m a good cook, a good shot, a good mom)
15. Your
spiritual strength- I was in awe of you when you gave your talk
16. Your
love of all things Middle Earth. It’s so
nerdy but so wholesome!
17. Your
ability to spout off a bunch of business terms (mutually exclusive, yada yada
yada…) and impress/flabbergast the group.
18. Politically
speaking you are one of the soundest people I know
19.
You are quick to apologize when you hurt my
feelings, which might happen a bit too easily…
20. You make me laugh
21.
You have given me several Priesthood blessings
when I needed them
22. You
like taking the kids to basketball and football games and are helping them
become well rounded
23.
You are a softie for your daughter
and couldn’t stop yourself from buying her an overpriced Cosmo, whom she loves!
24.
You think the world of your parents and
their advice
25.
You didn’t seem embarrassed by my eye patch, you
made me feel more comfortable about wearing it in public
26.You bought a
gun so that we would have a way to protect ourselves (but mostly so you could
be cool)
27. You let me sleep
in when you can
28.
You make me a better person
29.
For these reasons and many more, I am glad that I
get to spend the rest of my life (and beyond) with you
No comments:
Post a Comment