Sienna loves to play with her ponies. She plays hide and seek (I hide them, she seeks), they dance and talk to each other and sometimes they like to fight Dinosaurs. Only this morning she asked me if I would play with her and when I asked what she wanted to do, she said, "Let's play with the ponies!!"
As excited as if we hadn't done it a hundred times already. And even though I am not one who really LOVES to play little games with young kids, I couldn't say no because she was so happy about it.
I have been trying lately to put aside anything that feels urgent to me, but isn't (like cleaning, paying bills, balancing the check book, etc....) and just play with the kids in the morning. Once Riley is down for his first nap, then I can do all those things I named, but I feel much more satisfied with myself if I spend that quality time with the kids every day. Don't ask me how well I am sticking to that...I am a work in progress.
I love Riley's face here...He looks ready to win a war, dontcha think?
No comments:
Post a Comment