Monday, March 18, 2013

Drops of Awesome


If you haven't read the "Drops of Awesome" post from Daring Young Mom, you really should.  I read it last week and have had it on my mind ever since.  I don't know about you, but I have a very aggressive bully in my head and she likes to make me feel crappy, insignificant, inferior and worthless.  How is it that I have never fought back?  It only makes sense that I should be shushing her!  It is great to realize that I can!
I have been feeling worthless, not just to my family and myself, but to my Heavenly Father.  I have felt (without realizing it) that I have messed up too many times, and am too imperfect to be worthy of his love and blessings.  It is such a lie!  Yesterday during church someone commented that we are all just like infants or children to him.  My children mess up a lot.  Sienna can't clean her room or make her bed very well.  She can only sound out short, easy words and only with a lot of help.  She apparently doesn't know how to clean her plate at ANY meal.  But I don't love her any less because of those things!  I realize that she is only 3 years old and has a lot of learning ahead of her.  I know that someday she will be older and have more capabilities but that is going to take a long time and lots of practice.  I would never ever get so frustrated about her youth and inexperience that I would think she was worthless!  
It's the same sort of situation with us.  Heavenly Father considers us as his children who still have a lot of learning and growing to do.  It takes a LONG time to get to where we should be and we CAN'T get there without the Savior's help.  But he is going to help us and he doesn't feel that we are worthless.  If he did, he wouldn't have given up his life to save us.  
I guess I finally am starting to "get" it.  Only just barely :)

1 comment:

HayleeBird said...

I like the child analogy.