Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sienna is FOUR!

Sienna's 4th birthday was yesterday, May 11!  And not only was it a great day for her, it was one of the best days I can remember having.  It started with her waking up at 5:30 a.m. (what the?!?!) and she couldn't come out of her room because of the streamers that I had taped across her doorway.  I got up and told her how early it was and had her "go back to bed" (I think she just played with her balloons and toys for awhile...)

At 6:45 we finally let her come out and I filmed her breaking through the streamer to get out.  It took her a few tries to run past them, but she did better than last year!  She asked for cereal and got to watch Bugs Bunny cartoons on TV while Mom and Dad got ready.  Daddy left to reserve a park pavillion at 10:30 and Mom and Anna finished up the birthday cake.

At 12:00 we got to the Scera park and ate pizza with a bunch of family.  It was a simple, but fun party!  Sienna's presents included: a princess bike and helmet, books, a stuffed chick, and a leap frog tag reader  from Mom and Dad; books from Grandma and Grandpa Larsen, fingerpaints from the Pope's, a bunny in the box (jack in the box) from Aino's family, Crayons and giant cinderella coloring pages from Chelsea and Kris, a sand art kit and a 12 year birthday interview scrapbook from aunt Bethanie, a huge teddy bear from Anna, and bubbles, a bubble bucket and a Cinderella book from Grandma and Papa Palmer.

Sienna loved her bike and rode it all over the park!  When asked later, she told me her favorite gifts were the animals and the bike (although she loves all of it!).

After some downtime learning to use her new tag reader, Sienna and I went on a little bike ride to get snowcones.  She asked me for the 70th time and how could I say no on her birthday--especially when her birthday was a perfectly warm snow coney kind of day?  We rode over and she picked the "Maui Wowee" flavor which was pretty yummy.  We sat and made conversation and shared our snowcones while enjoying the sun on our faces (and our tongues when they got too cold).  Afterwards we rode our bikes over to the church park.  Despite a few tumbles and a lot of tears (but luckily no blood!), she still did NOT want to return the bike to the store and I'm sure that she'll have many more falls in her life.  It was hard to watch her fall but she is a pretty tough girl!

There was a dinner and some playing in the park and some picture taking by Mom.  I love summer and I love that time of the evening when the sun isn't harsh and you can get some AWESOME pictures of your kids laughing and playing.  It was a very fulfilling end to a great day.

After the kids were in bed, we watched a scary movie (Mama) and although I screamed and jumped throughout the show, it didn't creep me out later.  Which is important to me in a scary movie.

I can't believe my baby girl is 4 years old already!  I love her so much and am glad to be her mama (but not in a creepy, dead lady kind of way)!

No comments: