Monday, August 11, 2014

My Kindergartener!

How can Sienna be old enough for school already?  
She has been SO ready for it (and so have I), because she was so bored at home and Mommy couldn't keep up with her constant desire for interaction/entertainment/fun.

She is in the afternoon class at Jordan Ridge Elementary in South Jordan with Mrs. Asay, and is having a blast!  Every day so far, she is disappointed that she has to wait until after lunch to go.
Everyday there is a different color they are supposed to/can wear if they want to, which has made getting ready in the morning far easier than it would have been with this opinionated dresser :)




This is the first day.  The whistle blew and all the kids lined up.  She clung to me just a little before I backed away to take this picture and then they started walking into the building.  She was completely fine, and excited to go every day after that :)

When I watched her disappear through those doors, I almost started to cry...I got teary-eyed and felt more emotional than I had expected.  Which was dumb of me...duh I would feel that way!  But I hadn't thought about it because we were so busy getting ready and excited!
I know this girl is going to excel no matter what she decides to do with herself.
I just hope that we have taught her well enough to be kind, to take turns, to be considerate, to be friendly, and all those qualities she's going to need out in the world.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, we took Sisi to Leatherbys for a slice of mud pie.


I didn't feel like I was picture ready, 

And Sienna is trying to get me to look at the camera.
I love her mischievous little smile :)

I love our little family!

No comments: