So, pregnancy...I have 2 months to go until my due date but possibly (hopefully) only 1.5 months until delivery!! My back hurts everyday in every position, I get out of breath from simple tasks like standing up, I've been sick through the entire month of September (still can't get rid of this cough!), and I feel pretty guilty that Sienna and Riley are cooped up inside so much because I just don't have the energy to take them out to play. I know that having a newborn isn't a total breeze, but at this point I feel like I'm just waiting to pop him/her out so that we can all get on with our lives!
Riley has been acting like a bully to Sienna for a few weeks now-pushing, hitting, etc... and saying "no!" to every request made of him. We had to put him back into his own room after a few weeks of him bothering Sienna and keeping her awake at night. I've been wondering if it might be time to give up his nap because he stays up so late (1-2 hours past bedtime) and lately has refused to sleep during "naptime". He absolutely loves building tall towers or stairs with our big blocks and then knocking them down, playing on the ipod, and we have just discovered that he does pretty well with 24 ct jigsaw puzzles (with a tiny bit of help). Both he and Sienna play with the 4 puzzles that we have several times a day, it just doesn't seem to get old!
He still wets at night and during naptime, and we ran out of disposable diapers. Not wanting to waste $20 more dollars, I started putting him in cloth diapers (that we have been collecting for baby #3) and feel really good that we are saving money already!
Sienna is thriving at school and loves doing her homework! In fact, when she finishes her worksheet(s) she asks me for more! She can write the whole alphabet, uppercase and lowercase (with a lot of backwards a's j's, and z's) and numbers into the 20's or 30's (backwards 2's, 5's, 6's 7's). She seems a lot more outgoing, saying hi to EVERYONE within a block of us, (even shouting it until they hear), and asking if she can pet any puppy that she meets, yet when I drop her off at Kindergarten she refuses to go play with the other kids. And she won't tell me why. It's almost like she has to re-warm up to them every single day.
She is VERY excited about the baby (whom she hopes is her sister) and is going to be a fantastic helper for me when I need it.
Ryan and I are 1 week in to a 4 week treat and soda free diet, which is a lot harder for him since he is surrounded by junk food at work. I would love a soda, actually, but because I don't have any around, it's easy enough to resist. We used to get a lot of shakes or cherry limeaides (my weakness) in the evenings while we watched tv together (we have such healthy habits :) but lately we've been having fruit smoothies, cut up apples, and popcorn instead.
Got to go! Someone did something naughty and I have to go see what :(
No comments:
Post a Comment