Ryan and I (and the kids) have spent the last two nights driving all over Davis county looking at homes. We are FINALLY ready to buy our own home! As exciting as that is, I didn't expect it to be so stressful. We've seen 11-12 homes in the last 48 hours and though we may REALLY like things about each one, there are also things we aren't crazy about. We want a good sized fenced yard AND a house with enough space to grow into a little. If we love the house, we have issues with the yard, and vice versa. We also don't want to spend significant amounts of time sanding walls and repainting over black creepy walls (I kid you not, we looked at a house with almost all black walls and it was WEIRD!) while our children have to fend for themselves because Mom and Dad are consumed with renovations. Tonight, we looked at 5 houses and the last 3 were all pretty awesome. For each one, we said "This could be it, let's make an offer!" only to go to the next one and be even more excited about it. At the very last house on our route, we both fell in love. It was in a beautiful neighborhood, had tons of curb appeal and neither Ryan or I could find something to dislike about it. There will be some painting to do but we can handle one room (not a whole house!). So we might have found our new home and are even willing to offer more than they are asking because we want it so much. We are going to submit an offer in the morning and pray really hard that it works out. It's in Clearfield and it's gorgeous. And if we can be finished with the house hunting, that would be the icing on the cake. Seriously...keeping 3 little kids up late at night and only feeding them snack foods in the car for dinner? Two days of that is enough for me! I'm so excited about the prospect of buying this home-a milestone I thought was years away-that I'm awake at 3 a.m. to blog about it. It will be wonderful for our kids to be able to go play outside somewhere safe and fenced in. We could get a puppy, even! Although that is not going to happen for a while...gotta get this baby out of me and past the newborn stage and then we'll see how we feel about that.
I better try to get some more sleep, if I can! Even after staying up til 10, Cassidy has a clock inside that wakes her up at 7 :( Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment