There were some drawbacks to the decision-mainly that our rent was going to increase about $100/month, that I would have to quit my job and hunt for a new one (and who knows how long that will take), and moving out of our current apartment is going to cost us quite a lot in damages (darn those dogs!) and cleaning fees. I'm very glad that we're going, but on Friday night I got a bit depressed thinking about our financial situation and worrying over our decision to start a family while we're still in debt, etc, etc... Poor Ryan has his hands full with my mood swings and tears sometimes :/
Anyhow, we listened to General Conference over the weekend and that helped to calm my nerves and give me some perspective on our situation. No, it's not ideal, but I loved President Monson's Sunday morning talk about being happy today rather than always wishing for tomorrow. It was exactly what I needed to hear.
But guess what!! Ryan just called to tell me that because we are going to live on site where he works, the company has offered to take rent from his paycheck PRE-TAX. That is about $1700 that will not be taxed, and although I don't know how to do the math on that, I'm pretty sure that's saving us a few hundred dollars per month. I feel very grateful that we're being taken care of, and it seems to me that this is a good time to have a baby in spite of everything!
This is how I feel right now!

13 comments:
Congratulations!!! I just noticed you have a growing baby on the blog. Interesting! So, how far will you be from downtown SF now?
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so much fun!! Babies are sooo much fun!! Do you guys have a date yet? I'm not good at figuring it out with the number stuff... I'm so excited for you guys!!! Congrats again!!!
Congrats! I'm excited for you guys! You'll have to post more details on your blog sometime (due date...etc). Best of luck to you!!!
Ahhhhh...look at that picture! Your offspring is adorable...I notice it's head is the size of the rest of it's body...must take after Ryan...
Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS!! Things will work out! Hope you're feeling okay!
WHAT? Shouldn't I be one of the first people to know about this kind of thing? Hello??? But congrats!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Next time, I'd like to be a little more informed on stuff like this! How long have you known about this??
Unfortunately, Miles isn't one of those people who live for today and stop worrying about tomorrow. Way to go guys! Smile in the face of opposition. Now teach my husband how it's done so I can have a baby too.
Tamara!!!! You should've called your sister with this kind of news!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited. Call me!!!!!
To answer your question, Joel, we're going to be closer to SF but as Ryan put it, "less exposed" to it because there is no public transportation linking SF to Sausalito.
And for all you others, I am about 10 weeks along, and I've calculated my due date to be May 14th. Very excited! I don't look particularly pregnant just yet, but I do look a bit chubbier around the belly. Yuck! For people who don't know the reason, I'm sure I just look lazy.
And Chelsea, weren't you there when your mom opened her b-day present?? I thought all of you knew before I posted this, or I would have told you first!
Congrats! It is kinda scary to know that your going to have a baby and be dealing with debt at the same time. After we had Collin we thought I would be able to stop working, and then we figured out that couldn't happen, and that it would actually be super tight even with me still working. But I know that everything will work out great. Hope your feeling good as far as the pregancy. I was really sick from 4 weeks until Collin was born. I'm so happy for you guys! :)
Umm... the blob has little legs and arms...
Mom was on the webcam when she opened her birthday present. Apparently a "Grandma" book just wasn't obvious enough. I had to tell her point-blank that Ryan had already sprung the news to me before she'd believe that you were really pregnant. Maybe she jusy didn't want to get her hopes up and be disappointed. :-)
AAHHH!!! I'm SO excited for you guys :) Another little grandbaby! How fun! I can totally sympathise with you though on all the worries. But, let me just say that somehow everything works out! Seriously, Jonny and I have said many times that it's a miracle that we have had the means (and more) to take care of each child we bring here. I truly believe that the Lord is so pleased and thrilled that one of his little spirits will be born into a loving home, that he is willing and waiting to bless us for it. You guys are going to be awesome parents! I can't wait to hear what you're having. I'm SO excited!
Post a Comment