Friday, October 24, 2008

My Baby!



I went to my first prenatal doctor's appointment today. Finally!

Because I'm already 11 and 1/2 weeks along, they checked everything! They took a urine sample, my weight and height, did a pap smear and a breast exam, some blood tests (standard testing for HIV, Cystic Fibrosis, etc...) and my favorite part...an ULTRA SOUND!! I saw my baby wiggling around, waving it's arms and I saw it's heart beating! It's of course too early to tell the gender, but it's great to have seen the baby!

I know that I've been pregnant for the past 3 months, but honestly, I haven't felt pregnant. I couldn't really imagine that there was a little person INSIDE of me. But now I've seen it! It's really there! The doctor said that everything looked good, and that the baby was growing right on schedule! I haven't felt so good for a few months now!

The pictures aren't great, but in the top one you can see the baby's head, chest and leg. Isn't it cute?

5 comments:

joseph and brianna said...

Sooo cute!!! I want another one!! I am so excited for you. Babies are so much fun!! I'm partial to boys, but I'm sure girls are just as fun!!! You'll have to let us know what your having when you find out!!! Congratulations again!

Mom said...

Wow! It really looks like a baby!!!It's usually hard for me to make out a baby's shape in the first ultrasound pictures....but these are so clear! It looks like he/she is waving at us! We are so thrilled for you and Ryan, and we can hardly wait to find out if we're adding another little boy to the family, or if it's a baby girl this time! In any case - we're looking forward to seeing you all next month!

Sarah... said...

How cool! These are some great pics! I love getting to see the baby for the first time. I'm one of those people that LOVE ultra sounds! They just help make pregnancy so much fun. Congrats to you guys! Can't wait to find out what your having :)

Chelsea said...

That is so fun! I'm way excited for you guys! Hope I get to see you guys next month!

Amberly said...

Yep, ultrasounds definitely make it more real! I'm glad you're doing so well with the pregnancy. We're all excited for you!