
The first is to whoever wrote last night's episode of The Office. Making Jim and Dwight the new party planning committee was PURE GENIUS! I could not stop laughing when they were trying to apologize to Kelly for missing her birthday, and Jim was actually sorry and Dwight was just calling her names: "What kind of cake do you want, imbecile?" And then how Dwight decorated the conference room with nasty brown and gray balloons to "match the carpet" and the banner "IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY." Perfect. Brilliant. I think this is the first time an episode of The Office ended with a To Be Continued at the end. Pure genius. I can't wait for next Thursday.
The other genius shout out goes to my sister Bethanie for the birthday present she gave to me. All in one, I think it was the most unique, entertaining, offensive, cheap, creative, and useless present I have ever received. It was a package full of burned cds, which is actually a good present, my current collection of around 3000 songs in iTunes was getting a little stale (3000 songs and nothing to listen to... what has the world come to?). But the stroke of genius was in the card. Picture this: you open the envelope the card is stuffed into, and pull out a black and grayish colored card with wierd oval and circle patterns all over it, and words with different fonts and letter sizes. Upon closer examination, you realize these words cover just about every insult you've ever heard, like geek, loser, jerk, idiot, etc. to name some of the less offensive ones. I was just about to cry when I opened it up to see what hate-filled note could be inside. It said something like "But you're still a pretty good brother". Ok. I can handle that, I guess. To sweeten the deal there was one carefully placed piece of cash in the card that I was instructed "not to spend in one place", which I think I will find difficult considering it was just one lousy dollar. But despite being intensely offended and angry, I was very entertained so GENIUS SHOUT OUT FOR BETHANIE!!!
5 comments:
Only here to amuse...
Haha, that's funny. Somehow I exercised the self control to not read the part about the office. I'm watching that after work! :)
Good thinking Beth!!
I feel so out of the loop! I LOVE The Office, but I never get to watch it! That's frequently the one night I get to get out of the house without any kids and I TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT! Beau and I will have to catch up one of these days. In the meantime, maybe I see TiVo in our future! Or do they call those DVR's now? I really AM out of the loop!
I love The Office!!!
HaHa!!! I loved that episode too! The follow-up was pretty awesome too. Pam: I have a chainsaw! It's been a while since I've felt that awkward watching the Office. Michael continues to amaze me with all the inappropriate things he can think of to say. Love it!
Post a Comment