Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting Down to Size


Sienna's up to 13 lbs 9 oz, and I'm down to within 5 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight! I had it in my head that I still needed to lose 15 so I was pretty happy when I stepped on the scale this morning! Thank goodness for breastfeeding because I'm not doing much else to burn calories at the moment :)

Ryan has also been wanting to lose some extra pounds, so we've decided to enter into a (friendly) competition to see who can lose the most. The amount of time we have and the reward for the winner have yet to be decided, but I'm totally going to beat him! Goodbye ice cream. Farewell cream cheese. It was good while it lasted!

Anyhow, back to Sienna...she's had a tough few days. She got some immunizations on Thursday and she's been really fussy since. The last two days she refused to eat until she was so hungry she couldn't stand it anymore. She went about 8 hours without food, ate, then went another 6. This morning she's doing it again. I get her into latching position and she arches her back and cranes her neck to get as far from the breast as she can, all the while crying like she's in pain. I think it has more to do with the broccoli I ate this weekend then the shots she got. Can a baby get gas so badly that she can't eat? She seemed to be in a lot of pain and was farting up a STORM. Moms, does this sound familiar? I'm definitely going to stay away from broccoli from now on... other than that, she's perfect. Such a good baby! She's gradually starting to sleep through the night (hallelujah!) and "talks" to us all the time.

I love being a mom!

3 comments:

Christine said...

When Brendan was a newborn, the chocolate I ate seemed to really upset him. He outgrew that soon though. Eva never had any feeding issues. I guess if she still has the crankies in a day or two you'll know its not the broccoli. You can always try gas drops, baby massages or a new nursing position. Congrats on the weight gain and loss. Way to go!!!

Emma Jean said...

Sienna is so cute! The competion sounds cool. Imean friendly competion... See you at Bear Lake!
Emma :)

karen said...

Such a cute baby!! And yes babies can definitly be in too much pain to eat!! you may want to stay away from the broccoli and maybe even spicy foods for awhile. Congrats on your cute little family.