Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Good Tamara/Bad Tamara

Who will win the battle today??

I have two different Tamara's inhabiting my body. One is very good, practical, unmaterialistic, responsible and frugal. I have become very familiar with her because she is around a lot. The only problem is...this Tamara doesn't have too much fun because she's always to busy being responsible. She's always too worried about paying bills and getting out of debt to spend money. She's kind of a drag.

There is another, cooler Tamara lurking deep down, the Tamara that we don't meet very often. That Tamara has a long list of wants and "needs" and she likes to spend money on herself. Usually when this Tamara makes an appearance, the "good" Tamara is waiting to smother her back into submission. She almost never wins.

I was at the mall yesterday and I saw a beautiful red coat. It looked a lot like this one:

and that Tamara really really wanted to buy it. Fearing the wrath of both "good" Tamara and of her husband (probably without cause), she merely placed it on hold. The shop selling it does NOT give refunds, only store credit, which makes this decision all the more difficult...

I can think of so many other things $50 would be better spent on...but do I want to let boring Tamara take over my body? What if fun Tamara suffocates and dies? Oh, what to do....

9 comments:

Christine said...

I understand your plight. I too have dual shopping personalities. But $50 for a coat like that is a deal, is it not?

Em said...

Regardless of whether or not you purchase it, I'm glad fun Tamara put pictures of it on the blog! I always think it's fun to see what people WOULD buy!

Jenna said...

Jenna says:

You live it Utah. It is frickin' cold. You need a good coat. I have a red coat; it has lasted for two years so far, still looks brand new, will never, ever go out of style and I love it. Get the frickin' coat. It's about time you did something nice for yourself. And I will take care of your husband if he gives you any grief.

Dan says:

I will miss Good Tamara. Hopefully it is not a painful death. Good Jenna's wasn't.

Rachel said...

Once in a while you need to do things for yourself! Buy your coat! Like you said most the time you are "good" Tamara and occasionally you need some spoiling, even if it's you spoiling yourself :)

Amberly said...

I'll tell Ryan he has to slip you $50 in your Christmas stocking... or else....

Natalie said...

Let good Tamara win this time. $50 IS a lot of money for someone living with her in-laws because she can't afford her own place. Sorry to be a drag but I'm the good Natalie :) The only exception is if you truly need a coat. Darn it Tam! You should've been watching sells--you could've gotten it for much cheaper at Old Navy last month.

HayleeBird said...

I think you should buy it as a Christmas present for yourself. Knowing how husbands are, you probably won't love what he gets you anyways. :) haha.

Mom said...

I say get the coat-too cute! And yes, you need a new coat.

Nelson Family said...

Buy it, buy it. You've nearly inspired me to buy one too, I've always wanted a red pea coat, or a green one. But I don't need a new coat. Oh, you've awaken the bad Kortney.