Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Crafty Ideas

I subscribe to some fun magazines, one being Country Living magazine, and every time it comes it fills my mind with ideas for crafty projects and I get really excited about them. Nothing happens, and for the next 29 days I wistfully think about what could have been. I want to create and beautify and organize but something has always held me back. No more! I have sat by watching everyone around me excercise their creative juices and I want in! Here are some projects that I have been noticing other people working on around me:






I have always thought it would be magnificent to have a room in my house devoted entirely to my projects. A 'craft' room. Obviously this isn't going to happen anytime in the near future (We hardly have room for things like the bed, so a craft room isn't exactly a priority) but it's part of 'the dream'.

And the cute CRAFT bag is pretty self explanitory. Who can have too many bags? It's got pockets on the inside for supplies like scissors, pens, hole punchers, etc... And I think it would also be fun to make reusable grocery bags, or handbags out of canvas and a cute print for the inside.




I've done these frames a little in the past, but how inspiringly cute is this one? My sister Rachel made it to go in her daughter's bedroom. All you need is a wood frame, a sheet of paper to decorate it, and a bottle of mod podge (that stuff is awesome!).

And look at this stepping stone! I love the gekko design! I love the idea of having stepping stones because I want to have a big yard and a big garden someday. That project will have to wait, obviously, but again, it's a part of the 'dream' for me.







It's a little hard to tell what this picture is of, so I'll fill you in-it's a playroom rug with a street map on it. When I was a kid, my mom made us a blanket that was similar to this- obviously ours was hand drawn with marker so it didn't look quite so nice, but it was awesome!! We loved driving our toy cars along the streets and taking our 'little people' to the Post Office or the Bank. And even if it doesn't turn out so nice, I would rather design and draw my own map then pay the asking price for this one. One idea that comes to mind: make it a map of the city you live in.

The second picture is of my neices, Maddie and Ella, in their (you guessed it-homemade) Halloween costumes. I don't know how Rachel made those tutu's but they are so adorable that I plan to find out!

I don't have any kiddos yet, so I won't be working on these projects for awhile, but doesn't it just inspire you to know there are such great ideas out there? I want to collect and use them all when the right occasion comes along! And if anybody has more ideas, please share!! I would love to hear them all!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

Ah, a woman after my own heart. I too have all kinds of crafting ambitions that are never realized. Some have finally become realities since Beau bought me my sewing machine, but not that many! My most recent discovery is that a sewing machine puts a really cute edge on a greeting card! Totally fun!