
(Prosciutto is an Italian dry-cured ham. You can get it at your deli)
This pasta is one of my favorites! It's easy, delicious, and I don't know why I haven't shared the recipe with you before now!
Ingredients:
4 oz prosciutto
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
Pepper
12 oz dried green and white tagliatelle (we use angel hair or fettuccini)
2/3 cup heavy cream or panna da cucina
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Trim off the fat from the prosciutto, then finely chop both the fat and the lean meat, keeping them seperate. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the prosciutto fat and onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, return to a boil, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until tender but still firm to the bite.
Add the lean prosciutto to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream, then season to taste with pepper and heat through gently. Drain the pasta and transfer to a warmed serving dish. Add the prosciutto mixture and toss well, then stir in the grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yum!
I have seen variations on the recipe that have included green peas. I think that would be yummy if you want to try it. I, of course, can't bring peas into my kitchen :)
3 comments:
Mmmm... that sounds super good! I'm hungry right now, so that might be part of it too. Thanks for sharing these great and easy recipes on here... I'm working on adding some variety to my recipe book, and this helps a lot. :)
I'll vouch for this recipe. Don't try it without the prosciutto though. I mean it works with bacon or ham or whatever, but its not nearly as good.
Why can't you bring peas into your kitchen? I LOVE peas. I could eat them every day.
Post a Comment