Saturday, September 19, 2009

Failure!

Ryan here. Just finished watching the BYU/Florida State "game" a little while ago. How depressing. How can BYU go to Oklahoma's back yard and hold arguably the best offense in football to 13 points and then come home where they haven't lost in three years and let an unranked and unrespected Florida State team score nearly 60 points? I have never seen such terrible defense. You'd have thought we were some AA team humoring a National Championship contender on their turf the way we played tonight, not a team ranked 7th in our home opener. What happened? Did they just take the week off and not get ready? Who do you blame? Bronco Mendenhall? Max Hall? The uninspired defense? Who screwed this up? We should have blown these guys away like there was no tomorrow, but instead that is what happened to us.

Well, it was fun while it lasted (3 weeks). Watching BYU beat Oklahoma was a great time, but its too bad that, in the end, it will end up with us going back to the Las Vegas Bowl for the fourth year in a row, and that's only if they win all of their conference games. You know if BYU doesn't, TCU will...

3 comments:

Joel said...

I was there. I was sick. A few minutes into the 3rd Quarter and I wished I could have left, but I came with some friends, one of which works for KALL 700 so we had to stay the whole game. Thankfully BYU gave us a little offensive entertainment in the 4th or it would have been, wait, no, it was terrible. Absolutely terrible. THAT SAID, we can just focus on the conference now, stop having that pipe dream about breaking the BCS that we really want and focus on what we can actually achieve - the MWC Title and yeah, another slightly away home game in Vegas. We should go though, it's always fun to go on a road trip and watch some football.

Ryan the Man said...

Yeah man, if they make the LV (or any) Bowl let's go!

Unknown said...

This is what BYU does!! CHOKE!!!! I always root for them, but there is no faith because the only thing they consistently do is CHOKE!!!