Thursday, July 10, 2014

Family Movie Nights!

(Watching Star Wars)

We've had quite a few movie nights with our kids lately.  Something about them being old enough to now enjoy some of the movies that we can enjoy, too.  (Nothing against cartoons, but not that enjoyable at my age....)

So far we've watched Hook, Star Wars 1 and 4-6, & Harry and the Hendersons.  I wouldn't recommend that last one, btw...it's older and supposedly a family show but the language is no good.  Still, Sienna loved it.  She loved all of them!  She now listens to the Star Wars music in her room basically everyday.  I have been wanting to show the kids The Gnome Mobile, but I'll have to do that sometime when Ryan is out of town because there aren't words strong enough to convey his hatred of it :)

Most recently we watched the Phantom Menace (Star Wars 1), and...well, I'll tell what happened in Ryan's words: 

 "While watching Star Wars: The Phantom Menace last night, Sienna caught her first glimpse of Jar Jar Binks and exclaimed "What the hell was that?!"

Exactly, sweetie. But we don't say "hell".

Yeah.  That happened.  And we tried really hard not to laugh.  Not my proudest parenting moment.  Ryan and I have agreed that we will both start saying, "What in the world?" in front of her every day to try and retrain her brain.  Because 5 is just to young to be swearing.

No comments: