Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Mom I Want to Be

After looking over my life's goals tonight, I realized that some of the most important things I want to do/be in my life weren't on that list.  What is most important to me in this moment are my children, and being a good mother to them.  I admit that I feel that I often fail at this.  There are perfect moments scattered here and there and much room for improvement in between. So here are more goals to add to my list:

1. Unplug from the computer/tv/phone in order to give my attention where it is most needed
2. Try to say "Yes" more
3. Substitute "for five minutes" for "in five minutes"
4. Use the time we spend in the car to talk, sing, play and bond
5. Don't yell.  Don't use an impatient tone of voice.
6. Help kids keep their excitement about life by not extinguishing, but encouraging it.
7. Do something or go somewhere fun everyday!

No comments: