Well it was a long day to say the least. We got to the hospital just before 4:00 AM and contractions started getting pretty severe right away. So we were admitted and the action began! Tamara was fully dilated by 12:00 PM and the contractions were regular enough for her to start pushing at about 2:45. She had an epidural around 9:30 AM, so pain from the contractions was not a problem, but it started getting intense when the baby crowned. I'll spare you the gory details (if you want them you can ask) but Tamara was able to deliver without a c-section or any major complications. Sienna Susan Palmer was born on May 11 at 4:39 PM. She was 7.9 lbs and 19 inches long (almost dead on, Jason -- you'll just have to work on predicting the time right). When she first came out her fuzzy hair was dark and curly, but when she got cleaned and dried it was a lighter sandy blond. She has huge dark eyes, cute little lips, and she's a long, skinny baby. Somehow we were able to avoid the "conehead" and she has a perfectly round head. She is so pretty, I am so proud. Within a few minutes of being born, she began sticking her tongue out and sucking it back in over and over. I guess she was trying to find something to suck on, but it was pretty cute. Here are some pictures and a video.





21 comments:
CONGRATS you guys! I am so happy for you!! I hope Tamara and the baby are recovering well. I hope to meet your cute little baby soon. Way to go Tamara - no c-section! You're amazing! :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is gorgeous you two!!! I'm dropping something in the mail for her tomorrow! Let me know when it gets there :)
-So glad she's finally here and well.... Good job you guys-she is precious! Tamara, all that walking must have done it, huh? And right on your due date! You did great - can't get over all that light colored hair!!! (That's a first for a Palmer baby.) We can't wait to meet her!
Oh she is so beautiful! I wish I could be there to meet her! Your little family is growing! It's so exciting! I can't decide which of you she looks more like. Maybe it will get easier to tell over the next few days... they change so much so quickly!
She looks like Tamara and sounds like Ryan! Just kidding, she is so precious. Congrats guys, I bet you didn't need the castor oil after all or do you think that sped it up? I want to come hold her!!!
yyaaaaayyyy!!! congratulations friends! That's awesome. So cute! I'm excited to meet her sometime soon!
Congratulations! We are so excited for you!
Wonderful you two, what a blessing, everyone is good and all went well. What more can we ask for. She's beautiful like her mom and dad. Congrats !!!
Congrats guys!! She is SO cute!! I'm so excited for you both!! :)
Awww. She is so perfect! What an alert little one you have. Usually the eyes are closed most of the time. And the little newborn lip quiver is so sad. She's adorable! Congratulations!!!
Can't wait to meet her in June!
Oh my goodness! She is darling you guys! I can not get over those eyes and no cone head! She's so alert! I wish I could give her a squeeze. I'm glad everything went well! I love the tongue :) Such a cutie. Congrats!
Congrats you guys! She is such a cute little thing : )
She's beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! Can't wait to come visit!!!
So cute and precious!!! Good job Tamara and Ryan. Try to get some sleep when you can - that is one of the hardest parts at the beginning - the lack of sleep! Can't wait to see and hold her!!!
I'm so happy for Tam that she isn't pregnant anymore!!! So uncomfortable these last several weeks. I can't believe she has any hair at all, given the track record in our family. :) Congrats guys!
Woohoo!!! So so so happy for you guys!! She's beautiful! We need to see you guys sometime so we can meet her! Are u guys going to Utah any time soon for school?? Keep us posted!
Yay! I'm so happy for you two!
Oh my goodness! Congratulations Tamara and Ryan! She's absolutely beautiful, I'm excited for you guys and wish you the best of luck as you begin your new journey as parents, you guys will be incredible parents!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. She is SOOOO beautiful! I can't wait to see her and hold her! All of my babies are born with a little hair, but then loose it and are baldies for quite a while. Hopefully she'll keep hers!
Love ya!
Post a Comment