Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween 2013

I am really not that into Halloween.  I didn't even decorate for it this year...I just sort of got the Halloween stuff out but left it in the box...I am so lazy sometimes :)  This year we are on a really tight budget and didn't even get the kids new costumes, much to Ryan's disappointment.  But I knew that Sienna had a witch dress from last year's after Halloween sales and Riley had a turtle outfit that I bought at a yard sale. All I had to get was a witch hat for Sienna and I found a good one for $3!  Frankly, I thought their costumes looked pretty freakin' cute for only spending $3.



Check out the face painting I did using my eyeliner.  I think I did pretty good there!  Sienna wasn't too happy about all the pictures, but I had to take a million!


 Riley has become an expert tantrum thrower, and he'll do it for even the slightest things.  This time it was because he wanted to play on the playground and I told him we had to go trick or treating instead.  Big bummer, right?



Right after taking these pictures we went to Daddy's office for some indoor trick or treating.  The offices were all decked out and decorated and looked AMAZING.  I didn't get enough pictures and the ones I have don't do justice.  It was very cool.  There was a Clue Manor, a Despicable Me room, a spook alley, a circus tent, and Whoville, to name just a few.  Riley wouldn't go near Gru or the Grinch.  Their masks really freaked him out!  He loved getting candy though, and we had to keep reminding him to only take one piece...there were many times that he took a handful before we could stop him and people just laughed and let him get away with it.  It pays to be cute and little!


Sienna filled up her bucket and had to start using this foil container for the abundance!



Afterwards, the kids and I went home to make dinner (and they started binging on their candy despite my best efforts to limit them).  After Dad got home and was fed, we dressed those kids back up and started going around our neighborhood for more trick or treating.  Ryan brought a flashlight along and had the kids "follow the light" which worked really well for Sienna, but Riley was SO SLOW-always halfway across the yard when Sienna was ringing the doorbell.  By the time we were winding down, Riley could barely walk.  We could tell he needed to get to bed!  




I caught Sienna with her arm around Riley in this picture!  <3 it="" p="">

By the way, Ryan carved this pumpkin and WON the "scariest" award from Overstock.  He also overheard trick or treaters who were very impressed with the detail and thought that the person who carved it must've had a special tool.  Nice job honey!


After the kids were in bed, Ryan and I snuggled up to watch Insidious.  His choice.  I would never choose to watch a scary movie like that but he really wanted me to.  I think he owes me a really sappy chick flick (or two or three!).  And of course, we enjoyed some of the candy from our kid's buckets.  They had more than enough!  In fact, I was able to secretly put some aside for their Christmas stockings and they never even noticed.  :)

1 comment:

HayleeBird said...

Sounds like fun! That's nice to have the trick or treating at Ryan's job. They both look very cute!