10/365
Today was pretty awful, let me tell you about it. I hired myself out as a babysitter and today was my first day watching two little kids. (I'll be watching them twice a week from now on). Things were going well and I started thinking to myself, "This is going to be a breeze! Those two kids are nothing but easy!". And just like that, I was jinxed.
During nap time (everyone was in a seperate room, asleep, except for Sienna), Kyler (the 3 year old boy) woke up and started crying. I went to check on him and my fantasies of an easy career were slashed. He had thrown up all over himself and everything around him, poor little guy. And as I was undressing him for a bath, I found out that he had also gone #2 in his underwear. Yikes.
I did my best cleaning the puke up, bagging up all of little boy's clothes (seperate bags for poopy and pukey), and even found some clothes that fit him in my stash of yard sale purchases. Gagging daughter kept her distance so as not to smell anything funky. (you wouldn't believe the gag reflex on that girl).
Some might say, "What's the big deal? Kids get sick, so what?" But I'll bet anyone who says that has never had an infant son who in the first 2 years of his life was sick (puking) every other month, and partly because of this is STILL super underweight. I HATE puking (mine or my family's) more than any other sickness. More even than MS...so far. It's a nasty, smelly, contagious, guaranteed-you-are-going-to-be-up-all-night-doing-laundry kind of sickness. I am really really really hoping that my family doesn't come down with it.
To end on a good note, though, I let my kids stay up a few hours past bedtime to watch Despicable Me 2. They love getting to stay up and have what Sienna calls a "girl's night". After taking this picture I plunked myself down on the couch and by the end of the movie they were both laying on top of me. In a good, cuddly way. I feel like a good mom tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment