Our goal to pay off our debt has done really well, up until our trip home for Thanksgiving, when we fell off the wagon. Well, we've had a little fun with the credit card, and now it's time to get serious again! The reasons for our (somewhat forgotten as of late) determination to live like paupers while we pay off all debt:
Our baby, of course! We know that having little people around can be expensive, but we want to be financially able to give our little guy/girl (we'll find out in TWO days which!!) a full life, including dancing or guitar lessons, a good education, lots of memory filled vacations with the family, you name it!
Who doesn't want a home to call their own? Something modest but nice would do...we don't need to live like Kings and Queens, we just want somewhere that's ours!
And the occasional splurge on a cruise ship, or a second honeymoon to Jamaica wouldn't hurt!
Last, but not least...Every woman needs to be pampered sometimes, right? Although I'd sooner spend money on clothing or home decor or books than on a pedicure! C'mon, I can brush paint on my own nails, people!!
Ryan, this post is more for you and I than our faithful readers. We need to keep our goals in mind, especially when that Thai restaurant is beckoning or that new movie appears in theaters...
2 comments:
I can't wait to hear if you are having a girl or boy! Keep us posted!! :)
I'm guessing a girl! :)
I'm counting on a second honeymoon too! And I'm feeling super lucky that Beau's mom treated me to a pedicure this week. SO fun!
Post a Comment