Thursday, December 11, 2008

Never Enough Books!

I love books! It's not enough just to check them out at the library, I want to OWN all the books I've read and loved. Unfortunately, we had so many books that they were squished into our one small bookcase and several boxes in the closet--up until this weekend. Ryan and I finally bit the bullet and invested in a new bookcase (mostly because we're trying to clear out the "baby's" room...Thanks baby!)



We got it at Target and it's still not large enough to fit the rest of our books. I wish we'd gone with the 6 foot tall case! Anyhow, when we got it home, Ryan started putting it together and he told me to buzz off (in not so many words) when I offered to help him. After he was finished, I noticed all of these little unused pieces laying around the living room:



Does this worry me? A little...but the case looks nice and so long as we aren't rough with it, it should be alright...right??

2 comments:

Amberly said...

We've got a bookcase about that tall... and another 6 ft tall... and enough books in the basement to fill another 6 ft bookcase! Fabulous book addictions! It's not like we NEED to own all of the books we read! It's like they're trophys to collect!

Anonymous said...

Trophies, I like that! I have 2 books being held for me at Borders as we speak. And have you seen my Christmas Wish List? I have a very large book case and have been out of room for years. I've resorted to stacking...